GVFD Kids Page
What would you do if a fire started in your home?
It’s VERY important to be prepared!
How can you prepare or even help prevent a fire in your home?
1. Have at least 1 working smoke detector
Install smoke alarms on every level of your home, inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas. Test smoke alarms every month. If they’re not working, change the batteries. Remember, change your clocks and change the batteries in your smoke detectors!
2. Don’t play with matches or lighters
3. Develop and practice an escape plan
4. Never leave candles burning
5. Don’t play near fireplaces or stoves
6. Get low, get out
7. Stop, drop, and roll
8. Never hide in closets or under beds
9. Leave your belongings